Hello, everyone. You’ve probably been annoyed at one point or the other by your parents breathing down your neck about grades or study or being totally unreasonable about something like the number of no’s you get. When you have super strict parents, it’s an everyday struggle. All those are survival stories.
Although it may seem like this, that you’re the only girl in the world whose parents are this strict, rest assured you are not alone in the parental oppression which is present mostly in Asia and in some parents in the west. Here are the 10 Struggles Only Girls With Super Strict Parents can relate sourced from Seventeen.
10 Struggles Only Girls With Super Strict Parents can relate:
- Your parents don’t understand sleepovers or the night outs, ps. you don’t get permissions for anything fun: It is very likely that when you ask for permission for going to certain place or a night out you will definitely get a no.
- You are not allowed to meet any boy alone, even if it is not a date: Meeting boys is okay if you are all together with girls, meeting them alone is not allowed at all.
- Anytime you go shopping with your friends, you have to hide any new clothes, accessories your mom would definitely not approve of: Most of the time the gifts, the new clothes you got for yourself are hidden from the parents because they won’t approve of such things at all.
- Your friends think you’re not giving them time: Your parents don’t allow you to use the phone or the internet much or go to various places around your city, or a movie and on the other hand, friends think that you are not giving them time.
Yet 5 more struggles they face remain:
- Parents stalk your Social Media Platforms to know whereabouts: It is a regular thing for strict parents to keep a track of activities about their kids, to monitor them.
- You get in trouble using the phone too much: You can’t use the phone too much, especially for talking to someone that of the opposite gender.
- Getting your driving license doesn’t change anything, you aren’t allowed to go alone too far nor for college: Most of the time you are not given car to go to a nearby or far place like college because of strictness.
- Low to none Privacy of anything in life, even control on appearance, food, etc: In your life, you would not get privacy relating to your appearance, your eating habits, or general lifestyle.
- You have to sleep early and eat on time: In most of the cases you have to sleep on time and wake early, and eating on or before time is the practice by them.
- You are often the last person to arrive at the party…and the first person to leave: After a long argument, you are finally allowed to a party so you get late and your time there is limited by them.
Thanks for reading our post on 10 Struggles Only Girls With Super Strict Parents can relate. Also, check the latest posts here.